Frasier Fan Club
Hello there and welcome to The Frasier Fan Club! Smile

If you're a Frasier fan and would like to become part of our humble community, please click on the register button on the nav bar. This will take you through the steps to creating an account for you.

Not ready yet? No worries. Have a browse through our topics at your leisure. When you're ready, you know where to go!

Thanks for visiting.

Regards,
John (Admin)
Frasier Fan Club

The new discussion boards for the hit NBC sitcom 'Frasier' that ran from 1993-2004.

Homepage  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  GalleryGallery  MemberlistMemberlist  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  Website Links  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Guestbook  Contact Us  

Share | 

So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MMDD

PostSubject: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:38 pm

I love the Frasier show. But that couldn't be all my life. I have been watching other sitcoms recently. What other sitcoms do you watch?

I am just trying to see if we get some connections, Smile, among Frasier fans, or whether I have been missing other good shows which are going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:24 pm

I love Alan Partridge who is a radio DJ, he's really funny. He's also rude but I don't know if he realises he's doing it.

Watching his series 'Mid Morning Matters' on Now TV now, he told a 7 year old off because she had a riddle and not a tongue twister, advising parents to make sure it is a tongue twister that their child has to share. He says random things, like how 'this tea tastes of chicken'.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiceMan

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:02 am

Seinfeld is my no. 1 pick for sitcoms. If you're into that, Curb Your Enthusiasm is a good watch and also The Larry Sanders Show.

If you have time for just one though, Seinfeld is king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:38 pm

DiceMan wrote:
Seinfeld is my no. 1 pick for sitcoms. If you're into that, Curb Your Enthusiasm is a good watch and also The Larry Sanders Show.

If you have time for just one though, Seinfeld is king
Yes, I love Seinfeld, it's really gothic. I just saw the entire series for the first time only recently. The Last episode of the series is really emblematic of the whole series. They all get sentenced to prison because they were caught laughing at a guy for being fat while he was being mugged and calling for help. They did all that while filming themselves! and the jury got to see the film. Things went really badly at the trial as different people came to testify as to the character of Seinfeld and all. Like an old woman who said that Seinfeld stole her loaf of bread! Which was true, I remember the episode. You can't imagine something more out there than that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasos

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Thoroughly agree about Seinfeld. A hugely innovative series because of the style of writing and the wonderful casting. I watched it when it was first aired and remember being wildly excited by the quality of everything about it. It wasn't just that it was funny. It was sometimes very 'edge of your seat' exciting because of the things the characters would dare to make funny. For me it was groundbreaking.

No coincidence that I'm also a huge fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm. The fact that it was created by Larry David (co creator of Seinfeld) makes it instantly attractive to me. Larry David continues with the approach of daring to make outrageous topics funny. How he gets away with it is a huge testament to his abilities. I admire his talent very much. An extraordinarily unique person who I think might be really hard to live with (always wondered about this fact! Lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MMDD

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:52 pm

For myself, here are the list I feel lucky to find and enjoy them:

Big Bang Theory
Mad Men (not a comedy)
The Office (a little bit, so I didn't bother to finish all)
Lilyhammer (not a comedy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ksammut

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:41 am

1. Seinfeld
2. Friends
3. Golden Girls
4. Any old sitcom that is on MeTV
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddie2012

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:00 am

Seinfeld
Friends
Mike & Molly
The new adventures of old Christine (starring 'Elaine' from Seinfeld, but it has not been on for several years in the UK)
Psych
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinChuck

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:59 pm

My mix is pretty eclectic.

I watch a ton of pro wrestling (WWE, TNA/Impact, bits and pieces of ROH and New Japan, occasional indie shows). NCIS is a favorite drama (?) of mine. Beyond that, it's filled in with sitcoms: King of the Hill and Everybody Loves Raymond, mostly. Raymond is just silly, middle-class familial fun.

King of the Hill is sometimes surprisingly intelligent stuff. It's animated, with the flexibility that allows (more varied locales and panoramic shots), but much more down to earth in terms of content than other adult animated shows. There's occasional wackiness, but you never see Seth MacFarlane-esque absurdity. It has more in common with a Frasier or a Raymond with it's real-world setting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:10 pm

I sometimes catch The King of Queens. It's like the Raymond setting as in the wife rules on whatever the husband does. With a Dad to look after aswell, which is a good plot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PatrickD

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:23 pm

John wrote:
I sometimes catch The King of Queens. It's like the Raymond setting as in the wife rules on whatever the husband does. With a Dad to look after aswell, which is a good plot.

I watch it too once in a while. There are some really good episodes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinChuck

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:13 pm

John wrote:

I like that show too. I should see if it's on Netflix; I only catch reruns on TV. I know Raymond and King of Queens have had some in-universe crossovers (Doug was on Raymond a few times, and I'm thinking Ray was on King of Queens for an episode or two IIRC).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:10 pm

ShinChuck wrote:
John wrote:

I like that show too.  I should see if it's on Netflix; I only catch reruns on TV.  I know Raymond and King of Queens have had some in-universe crossovers (Doug was on Raymond a few times, and I'm thinking Ray was on King of Queens for an episode or two IIRC).

Like Kenny appearing in Raymond when he also stars in Frasier. It's as if they're all one big circle of Friends, who each have their own show! I'll have to remember to look for some King of Queens DVDs in HMV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiceMan

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:23 am

Miami Vice is on Netflix now, and I'm watching that. It's super cheesy, but that's why I'm liking it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banix

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Sun May 17, 2015 6:31 pm

The Office (US version)
House of Cards
Entourage
Californication
Scrubs
Sherlock
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Top Gear (wonder what will happen with the presenters?)

However I rank Frasier as the best TV-show I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShinChuck

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Sun May 17, 2015 11:22 pm

How about Twin Peaks? David Lynch is back directing after a spat with the network!

It's been a painful twenty-some years waiting for resolution on that series! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zythman

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Here's my List We go thu on-again/off-again phases with each of the following TV series:

King of Queens You can get all 9 seasons on 27 dvds, then sit back and watch each episode play one after another til done. Character(Cast): Douglas Heffernan(Kevin James), Carrie Heffernan(Leah Remini), Arthur Spooner(Jerry Stiller), Deacon Palmer(Victor Williams), Danny Heffernan(Gary Valentine), Richie Ianucci(Larry Romano). Honorable Mentions: Holly Shumpert(Nicole Sullivan), Lou Ferrigno(as himself) from "The Incredible Hulk,"

Best of all in my opinion is Spence Ulchin played by the ever popular Patton Oswalt, a top choice for a nerdy character actor and a worldclass standup comedian you just gotta go see.
Golden Girls Watch for the four separate and distinctive clothing styles of Dorothy, Rose, Sophia and Blanche. Timeless classy sitcom set in Florida. Of course everyone loves Betty White.
The Boss Kelsey Grammar (aka Frasier) plays a dramatic leading role as Chicago's Mayor Tom Kane. Very thought-provocative soulful opening theme song sung by Led Zepplin vocalist Robert Plant: "Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down".
House of Cards Political Thriller/Drama set inside the Beltway of Washington DC starring Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright. Cutthroat politics, finance and intrigue at its finest. A miniseries.
Becker Opinionated, cheap, chain-smoking John Becker(Ted Danson) is a Bronx doctor constantly annoyed by his patients, friends, coworkers and practically everything and everyone else in the world. Often set inside Reggie's Diner, Becker smokes and drinks and doesn't care what anyone else thinks. Despite his crusty character he genuinely cares about his patients, even if he tries hard not to show it.
Parks and Recreation Mockumentary. Leslie Knopes(Amy Poehler) is the ever bubbly money spending idea person. Ron Swenson(Nick Offerman) is the cheap tightwad sourpuss Department Head. What a contrast. That's your government for you - the left and the right (hand) rarely agreeing, yet somehow it rocks and still rolls. Also starring: Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, Adam Scott and Paul Schneider.
Reba Reba McEntire, Melissa Peterman, Christopher Rich.
Everybody Loves Raymond Ray Romano, Patricia Heaton, Doris Roberts, Peter Boyle, Brad Garrett.
The Middle Patricia Heaton, Neil Flynn
Weeds Mary-Louise Parker
30 Rock Tina Fey
Friends Jennifer Anniston
Two and a Half Men Charlie Harper(Charlie Sheen), Alan Harper(Jon Cryer), Jake Harper(Angus T. Jones), Berta(Conchata Ferrell)
Grounded For Life Ashton Kutcher
Curb Your Enthusiasm Larry David, Cheryl Hines
My Name is Earl Earl, the lovable loser(Jason Lee). Earl has taken inventory of himself and all his mistakes and imperfections and is now trying to turn his life around. Just plain funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewCrane

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:22 am

Definitely Modern Family. Levitan and Lloyd are just brilliant sometimes.

Apart from MF, of course Seinfeld, Raymond. Some Friends occasionally, and Parks & Rec. And in the legal drama category: Suits Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:29 pm

I enjoy Everybody Loves Raymond before I go on one of my days out. Miss a lot of Frasier as I catch the earlier buses and trains, usually out of the house by 8.50.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goranmagdic

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:21 am

I've just started working my way through House of Cards, it's pretty good!
One of my favourites at the moment is Archer, an adult comedy cartoon set in a spy agency.

I watched the first season of Boss and thought it was really good, but was disappointed when I found out it was cancelled, so didn't bother with season 2. There were rumours of a film-length episode to round off the story, but that never happened either. So disappointing when good shows are cancelled without a proper ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?   

Back to top Go down

So beside Frasier, what else do you watch?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1